Membership is free. You can join the library at any of our branches in Alexandra, Kinglake and Yea or at our Mobile Library. Alternatively you can complete an online membership form here(DOCX, 63KB) and present at one of our library branches for processing and to receive your membership card. You can use your library card at any of our Libraries, including our Mobile Library and online in the e-Library.
Please bring identification that shows your name and current address - either one piece of photographic information like a driver’s licence or passport, or two pieces of other suitable identification, such as a rate notice, or telephone account.
There is no minimum age to join, but if you are under 18 your card will require the signature of a parent or guardian and relevant identification.
Some of the many benefits you’ll enjoy include:
- Borrowing up to 30 items for 3 weeks at a time
- Having holds from any Murrindindi Library Service or any of the other Yarra Plenty Regional Library (YPRL) branches sent to your library branch
- Renewing of items online
- Using the YPRL website for quick and efficient item searches
- Using internet-connected PCs at our Libraries
- Getting free online access at our WiFi hotspots
Here is a list of current fees and charges for the Murrindindi Library Service:
|Overdue and Lost Items
||$0.30 per item per day up to a max of $50 per borrower, max $20 per item
|Lost Library Card
||Cost of the item
|Interlibrary Loan Fees
|Printing, Copying, FaxFees
|Black and White
||$0.30 per A4 page, $0.60 per A3 page
||$1 per A4 page, $2 per A3 page
Loan Period and Limits
- You may borrow up to 30 items at one time.
- The loan period for all items is 3 weeks.
- An item can be renewed twice as long as no-one else has requested it.
- If you do not return or renew items by the due date you will be charged 30c per item per day until the item is returned, up to a maximum of $50 per borrower and $20 per item.
You can add or update your email address by logging into the Yarra Plenty Regional Library website, going to the My Settings section (located at the top of the screen) and filling in the email address field.
Changing Your Personal Information
If you need to change your name, address, telephone number, or correct your birth information, these key parts of your account profile can only be altered in person at your library. You will be asked to show ID with your request.
If you want to update your email address or change your username or PIN, login to Yarra Plenty Regional Library website and go to the My Account Settings section (located at the top right of the page). You can change all 3 items in account settings.