Youth information and resources
Murrindindi Youth Partnership (MYP)
The MYP is facilitated by Council with youth service providers on a regular basis to implement strategies and actions highlighted in the current youth strategy. Contact Councils Coordinator Recreation and Youth Development for more information on how to participate on 5772 0712.
FReeZA is based around planning and putting on events for young people, developing skills, and getting involved in the local music scene.
Young people with an interest in music, entertainment and event management, meet to plan and deliver FReeZA events. These young people make up the FReeZA committee.
The committee also attend training that is relevant to their areas of interest.
Through youth-led FReeZA committees, young people have the chance to:
- Decide what types of events and cultural activities are performed in their community.
- Help create music events and cultural activities in their community.
- Make decisions and lead projects.
- Participate in their communities as volunteers.
- Form close networks with local businesses, schools and other community organisations.
Murrindindi Shire Council coordinates two diverse FReeZA committees in Yea and Alexandra. All young people between 12-25 years old are welcome to join. As part of the committee you will be involved in organising fully supervised,drug, alcohol and smoke free events for young people in the area.
You will receive skills, experience and training in the music industry. Previous events have included band nights, hip-hop events, dance parties and festivals. Young people who have experience in the field are welcome but no previous experience is necessary.
For further information contact Stuart Coller via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 03 5772 0712.
Offers a range of information and advice on issues like jobs, study, travel, money and events in your local area - wherever you live in Victoria - whilst offering opportunities for you to participate.
On this site you'll find:
- Details about jobs and employment programs.
- Information about studying and training opportunities.
- Interview techniques, career profiles & resume templates.
- Links to services and resources in your local area.
- Competitions and downloads.
Useful links to Counselling Services
Nexus Primary Health 1300 773 352 (www.nexusprimaryhealth.org.au)