Business Support and Advice
Free Small Business Support Coming to Kinglake
Looking to start a small business? Want to develop your existing small business?
Help is on the way with the Victorian Government’s Small Business Bus coming to Kinglake on Tuesday 3 March 2015.
The Small Business Bus offers free mentoring throughout the day with an experienced business professional who can assist you in taking your small business to the next level.
On board the Small Business Bus you will find information on Small Business Victoria’s programs and services as well as tools and tips to help you start or grow your business.
Bookings are essential for the mentoring sessions, so reserve your place now at business.vic.gov.au/sbb or call 13 22 15.
The Small Business Bus will be located in the car park outside Kinglake Pub, 28 Whittlesea Kinglake Road, Kinglake VIC 3763 between 10am and 4pm.
Council is committed to building prosperous and sustainable communities. The growth of your business and its success is paramount and we want to assist you and your business in achieving full potential.
Business Victoria is a comprehensive online resource designed to help you start, run and grow your business.
The following list of external organisations may also offer some helpful information:
- Business.gov.au is a whole-of-government service providing essential information on planning, starting and running your business. The grants and financial assistance summary provides a list of specific grants available.
- Business Victoria is a comprehensive State Government resource designed to help you start, run and grow a business. Information from Regional Development Victoria can be accessed here. The primary purpose of RDV is to facilitate economic, infrastructure and community development in provincial Victoria.
- Austrade provides services to assist Australian businesses succeed in export and international trade. Their Export Market Development Grants Scheme (EMDGS) can reimburse up to 50% of expenses for promotional activities.
- AusIndustry delivers products, information and services that support industry, research and innovation. They also provide a range of incentives to support business innovation.
- Victorian Employers Chambers of Commerce and Industry offers a range of products, services and activities to assist business owners to manage their business.
- Workspace Australia is a non-profit organisation providing business support, advice and mentoring to small business. For those businesses looking for somewhere to operate from Workspace operates a business incubator centre in the heart of Kinglake.
Small Business Kit
Council's small business kit provides a range of vital information particularly around business start-up.
The kit also provides access to key networks and business associations across the Murrindindi Shire and to important agencies and vital information at a state and federal government level.
The kit provides information on business naming, financial management and business planning through to record keeping needs.
For assistance with starting up a small business and for a Small Business Kit contact Council's Economic Development Department on 5772 0318.
Image: Angela Poulter of My Little Country Kitchen receives a new business kit from Council’s Lisa Wallace.
Murrindindi Business and Tourism Resource Guide
The Murrindindi Business and Tourism Resource Guide has been designed as a comprehensive compendium for local tourism and business associations throughout the Shire. It recognises the key roles Associations play in advocating on local business issues and provides a number of bushfire recovery and business support contacts.
Take advantage of the assistance available through other business people, mentors, government agencies and council. Our experienced economic development team will do what they can to assist you, on (03) 5772 0318.
Are u Ready?........surviving small business disaster
A useful tool to assist small business operators in the Murrindindi Shire and the broader business community to prepare and recover from a potential disaster.
This book is available for purchase from www.areuready.com.au/
Restore your Business Community - Practitioner's Handbook
This handbook has been developed to capture lessons learned, tips and resources to guide practitioners in helping their business communities through disaster planning, response and recovery.
This form is for submitting feedback about this particular webpage. If you require assistance with a general inquiry or complaint please contact Council’s offices on 5772 0333 or complete a
customer request form