Education, Training and Development
Opportunities for education and training in Murrindindi Shire include:
- Murrindindi Training Institute
- Holmesglen Rural Learning Centre
- Continuing Education and Arts Centre of Alexandra (CEACA)
- Four neighbourhood houses in Kinglake, Yea, Toolangi and Flowerdale
- Two secondary schools located at Yea and Alexandra
- Primary Schools
- Several kindergartens and child care centres
Business training and development opportunities are offered across the region in conjunction with the following agencies:
- Office of Small Business - Under New Management Program
- Regional Development Victoria
- Municipal Association of Victoria
- North East Victoria Area Consultative Committee
To find out more about these business training and development opportunities please contact Council's Economic Development team on (03) 5772 0318.
Murrindindi Training Needs Analysis Report 2013
The Plan for Growth Report was developed as part of the Skills, Training and Workforce Development initiative of the Eildon-Thornton-Alexandra Advancing Country Towns project.
It highlights the breadth of training being undertaken within and outside the Murrindindi Shire; trends and gaps in training provision and the current and future needs of key businesses and industry sectors.
It will be an important tool for future training and workforce development planning and for maximising employment opportunities within the Shire, particularly for young people and those seeking to retrain or to further develop their skills.
This form is for submitting feedback about this particular webpage. If you require assistance with a general inquiry or complaint please contact Council’s offices on 5772 0333 or complete a
customer request form