Business Support and Advice
Council is committed to building prosperous and sustainable communities. The growth of your business and its success is paramount and we want to assist you and your business in achieving full potential.
Business Victoria is a comprehensive online resource designed to help you start, run and grow your business.
The following list of external organisations may also offer some helpful information:
- Business.gov.au is a whole-of-government service providing essential information on planning, starting and running your business. The grants and financial assistance summary provides a list of specific grants available.
- Business Victoria is a comprehensive State Government resource designed to help you start, run and grow a business. Information from Regional Development Victoria can be accessed here. The primary purpose of RDV is to facilitate economic, infrastructure and community development in provincial Victoria.
- Austrade provides services to assist Australian businesses succeed in export and international trade. Their Export Market Development Grants Scheme (EMDGS) can reimburse up to 50% of expenses for promotional activities.
- Victorian Employers Chambers of Commerce and Industry offers a range of products, services and activities to assist business owners to manage their business.
- Workspace Australia is a non-profit organisation providing business support, advice and mentoring to small business. For those businesses looking for somewhere to operate from Workspace operates a business incubator centre in the heart of Kinglake.
Small Business Kit
Council's small business kit provides a range of vital information particularly around business start-up.
The kit also provides access to key networks and business associations across the Murrindindi Shire and to important agencies and vital information at a state and federal government level.
The kit provides information on business naming, financial management and business planning through to record keeping needs.
To receive a Small Business Kit contact Council's Development Services Department on 5772 0318.
Are you Ready?.....surviving small business disaster
A useful tool to assist small business operators in the Murrindindi Shire and the broader business community to prepare and recover from a potential disaster.
This book is available for purchase from www.areuready.com.au/
Restore your Business Community - Practitioner's Handbook
This handbook has been developed to capture lessons learned, tips and resources to guide practitioners in helping their business communities through disaster planning, response and recovery.