Tourist Signage

Tourist signage plays an important role in providing quality information for visitors to our region.

If you would like roadside signage for your tourism business, tourist attractions or service signs, contact Council's Infrastructure Assets Department on (03) 5772 0333 to discuss your requirements. You will also need to complete a tourism signage application form.(PDF, 83KB)

Before you apply for a Tourist/Service sign, please read our tourist signage guidelines – information for tourism businesses(PDF, 386KB) which outlines the details of the program and criteria requirements.

Event Signage/Banners

Some of Murrindindi Shire's township entry signs enable the attachment of promotional banners and signs for community events and activities. There are 14 dedicated township entry signs and five community service club/event signs in the townships of Alexandra, Eildon, Kinglake, Marysville and Yea.

Event organisers wishing to display promotional banners/signs should contact the delegated committees/community groups/organisations in Alexandra, Eildon, Kinglake, Marysville and Yea to book signage space at least one month prior to their event. An Event Enquiry Checklist(DOC, 256KB) should also be provided to Council’s Tourism & Events Officer (see the Event Planning and Hosting page for more information.)

Further details can be found by reading Council’s Township Entry Signage Policy.(PDF, 105KB)

For contact details of delegated committees and groups see the following link: Advertising Events on Township Entry Signs(PDF, 173KB).

Community Service Group Insignia

The larger township entry signs located at our five major service centres of Alexandra, Eildon, Kinglake, Marysville and Yea have the capacity to display community service group insignia. Council will supply the appropriate backing plate but it is the responsibility of the community group to arrange for their logo to be printed onto the plate by a sign writer. 

Space on township entry signs for this type of promotion is reserved for not-for-profit organisations that are volunteer run.

There are two categories with priority given to category one organisations. Category two organisations may be approved to assist smaller communities to fill their service club sections.

A full list of categories is available on our application form available from the links below:

A-Frames and Real Estate Pointer Boards

Contact the Local Laws department for further assistance on (03) 5772 0333

Advertising and on-property signage for general business and commercial enterprise

Includes advertising signs (e.g. business identification, promotional, B&B and home occupation) and internally illuminated signs.
Contact Council's Planning Department on (03) 5772 0333 to discuss your requirements.

New and replacement signs for street blades, parking, warning and regulatory signage

Contact Council's Assets and Infrastructure department on (03) 5772 0333.