Tourism Industry Overview
Victoria's tourism industry is represented and supported by a number of organisations including:
- National Tourism Organisation (Tourism Australia) - Federal Government authority responsible for international and domestic tourism marketing, research and forecasting.
- State Tourism Organisation (Tourism Victoria) - State Government authority responsible for developing and marketing Victoria as a tourist destination.
- Regional Tourism Organisation (Tourism North East and Yarra Ranges Tourism) - Peak bodies responsible for representation, management and marketing Victorian regions as tourism destinations.
- Victorian Tourism Industry Council (VTIC) - The peak body for Victoria's tourism and events industry.
- Local Government (Murrindindi Shire Council) - Responsible for provision of planning, infrastructure, funding and co ordination.
- Local Business and Tourism Associations - Represent local tourism businesses and deliver visitor services.
- Visitor Information Centres - Responsible for enriching the experiences of visitors to a region and encouraging them to stay longer.
Goulburn River Valley Tourism
Goulburn River Valley Tourism (GRVT) operates as the peak regional tourism organisation for the Goulburn River Valley region. This includes Greater Shepparton, Mitchell, Murrindindi and Strathbogie municipalities.
GRVT is responsible for development of regional tourism product strengths and niche strategic product development opportunities, particularly where product can impact on increasing visitor yield, improve visitor experience and increase visitation.
For further information on GRVT visit their website.
CLICK HERE to go to the Visitors page of the website.
CLICK HERE to go to the Events page of the website.
Want to receive GRVT’s free newsletters?
Join the mailing list and receive the monthly industry newsletter with updates on what's happening in the industry, across the region and the broader tourism industry. To sign up, visit http://www.goulburnrivervalley.com.au/industry-newsletter/
Get the latest tourism news by signing up to GRVT’s seasonal newsletter. Discover the very best the Heart of Victoria has to offer and keep up to date with the latest events, offers and news across the Goulburn River Valley region. To sign up, visit https://www.heartofvictoria.com.au/