Council meetings are generally open to the public and are a good way for the community to see how local decision making takes place and to observe council’s democratic processes.
Council meetings will be closed to the public to discuss confidential matters in accordance with the Local Government Act 1989.
Confidential matters can consist of personal hardship of a ratepayer/resident, industrial and contractual matters, proposed developments, legal advice, matters affecting the security of council property or any other matter which council considers would prejudice council or members of the public.
Council Meeting Dates:
- Wednesday 26 September 2018, Yea Council Chamber, 6 pm
- Wednesday 24 October 2018, Alexandra Council Chamber, 6 pm
- Wednesday 31 October 2018 (Special Meeting), Alexandra Council Chamber, 6 pm
- Wednesday 28 November 2018, Yea Council Chamber, 6 pm
- Wednesday 19 December 2018, Alexandra Council Chamber, 6 pm
Click here to go to Council Meeting Agendas and Minutes.