Documents for Public Inspection
A range of documents and registers are available for public inspection at the Alexandra Council Office in Perkins St, Alexandra.
Documents available for inspection may be viewed and copied, but not removed. Council may charge fees for inspection and copying of some documents.
To arrange to view any of the documents, contact Council's Governance Officer on (03) 5772 0333.
Some documents can also be viewed and downloaded online (see below).
Documents and registers available for inspection in accordance with the Local Government Act 1989 and Local Government (General) Regulations 2015:
- The certified voters' roll for a Council election - for the period beginning on the certification date and ending 30 days after election day.
- Copies of campaign donation returns lodged by candidates in the last council elections.
- The council’s adopted Code of Conduct 2013.(PDF, 250KB)
- All Local Laws adopted by the Council.
- Copies of the council’s Council Plan, Strategic Resource Plan, Budget and Annual Report.
- Details regarding differential rates declared by Council as part of Council's Annual Budget.
- Rating Strategy.
- Special Rate.
- Quality and Cost Standards.
- Details of overseas or interstate travel (with the exception of interstate travel by land for less than 3 days) undertaken in an official capacity by Councillors or any member of Council staff in the previous 12 months, including the names of the Councillors or members of Council staff and the date, destination, purpose and total cost of the overseas or interstate travel.
- Councillor Reimbursement Policy(PDF, 165KB)
- Agendas for council meetings - except parts of meetings closed to the public under section 89 of the Act.
- Minutes of council meetings - except parts of the meetings closed to the public under section 89 of the Act.
- A list of all special committees established by the Council which were abolished or ceased to function during the financial year.
- Minutes of meetings of special committees established under Section 86 of the Act and held in the previous 12 months except if the minutes relate to parts of meetings which have been closed to members of the public under Section 89 of the Act.
- A register of delegations kept under sections 87(1) and 98(4) of the Act, including the date on which the last review took place under sections 86(6) and 98(6), respectively, of the Act.
- A document containing details of all leases involving land which were entered into by the Council as lessor, including the lessee and the terms and the value of the lease.
- A register of authorised officers appointed under Section 224 of the Act.
- A list of donations and grants made by the council during the financial year.
- Council's current Procurement Policy.
Register of Interests
The Chief Executive Officer must maintain a register of the interests of Councillors, members of special committees and nominated officers consisting of the last 3 returns that those Councillors, members and officers were required to submit section 81 of the Local Government Act 1989. The register may be inspected at the office of the Council during normal office hours.
An application to inspect the register can be made in writing to the Chief Executive Officer using the prescribed form(DOCX, 57KB) .
The form can be submitted via:
Email to email@example.com
Or by mail addressed to:
Murrindindi Shire Council
PO Box 138