Local Laws and Permits
Council's Local Laws cover a range of rules governing how we live in our community. For example these include the safety of people and property, animals, the land, general amenity, burning and waste disposal.
The main laws you'll find on this page include:
The objectives of these Local Laws are provide for:
- the peace, order and good government of the municipality
- a safe and healthy environment so that the Murrindindi community can enjoy a quality of life that meets its expectations
- the safe enjoyment and fair use of public places
- the protection of council property
- the amenity and environment of the municipality
- the reasonable use and enjoyment of private land.
Local Law Permit Application Form
In Murrindindi Shire a permit is required for:
- raffles and fundraising
- wood trailers
- food stalls
- street stalls
- car rallies
- roadside grazing
- road closures
- firewood collection
- alfresco dining
- displaying goods on a footpath
- burning off
Click here(DOCX, 99KB) to download a Local Law Permit Application Form. Please allow 14 days for processing.
For further information or contact council's local laws department on (03) 5772 0333.