Council has extended the due date for all outstanding rates for the current financial year to 30 June 2020, this includes those paying by quarterly instalments.
Penalty interest will continue to apply to outstanding rates from previous years for those who have not established repayment arrangements with us.
If you have concerns about paying rates given the current situation, please contact Council's Rates team at an early stage to discuss possible payment arrangements.
If you are experiencing broader financial difficulties or stress around paying bills, please consider getting in touch with your bank or utility company to discuss your options.
For information on financial assistance available through the Australian Government including
- Income support for individuals
- Payments to support households
- Temporary early release of superannuation
- Temporarily reducing superannuation minimum drawdown rates
- Reducing social security deeming rates
go to https://treasury.gov.au/coronavirus/households