If you have concerns about paying rates given the current situation, please contact Council's Rates team at an early stage to discuss possible payment arrangements.
For those who pay rates by instalment, payment of the fourth instalment has been extended from 31 May to 11 June 2021. This will hopefully assist ratepayers who would usually come in to one of our offices to pay.
If you are experiencing broader financial difficulties or stress around paying bills, please consider getting in touch with your bank or utility company to discuss your options.
For information on financial assistance available through the Australian Government including
- Income support for individuals
- Payments to support households
- Temporary early release of superannuation
- Temporarily reducing superannuation minimum drawdown rates
- Reducing social security deeming rates
go to https://treasury.gov.au/coronavirus/households