Hospitals and Aged Care Facilities
There have been some changes to visiting hours in Residential Aged Care in Murrindindi Shire, to protect some of the most vulnerable people in our community.
Darlingford Nursing Home is closed to all visitors until Friday 3 April, they will review their decision at that time. There is an exemption for people visiting residents who are in end stage palliative care.
Kellock Lodge put the following restrictions in place for visitors on 23 March
- During the week visitors must ring before arriving at Kellock Lodge, to check that it is suitable for them to visit. Visitor numbers are limited to two per resident at one time, per day.
- Entry to Kellock Lodge is through the front entrance only from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- Visitors will not be permitted to visit outside office hours and from 5.00 pm Fridays (or the day before public holidays) until 9.00 am Mondays (or the day following a public holiday), unless special dispensation is requested and approved.
- Reception staff will continue to monitor the entry of all visitors to the facility, asking about recent overseas travel and any evidence of cold and flu like symptoms that excludes them from entry.
Alexandra Hospital is also putting some visitor restrictions in place, effective Friday 20 March, to ensure they can protect the community and their patients
- Visiting hours have been changed to 10.00 am - 12.00 noon and 6.00 pm - 8.00 pm daily
- There is a limit of one visitor at a time per patient
- No visitors under the age of 16 years
Yea Hospital and Rosebank are still taking visitors and are following recommended guidelines. Organised group visits have ceased. On arrival, visitors should ring the doorbell at the Aged Care entrance and will be greeted by a staff member.
For the latest information, please contact the relevant facilities directly.
Alexandra Hospital - 5772 0900
Yea Hospital - 5736 0400
Darlingford Nursing Home - 5774 2711
Kellock Lodge - 5770 2100
For information on other aged and disability care services, including home care, you can contact Nexus Primary Health or Menzies Support Services.
Nexus Primary Health
Menzies Support Services