The Australian Government has put a ban on all non-essential travel to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. We look forward to welcoming visitors back to our Shire once this is all over, but for now we ask all visitors to please stay home.
In an effort to discourage visitors to our Shire at this time, Council, together with Goulburn Murray Water, has decided to close the Eildon Alliance Boat Ramp to restrict recreational access to Lake Eildon from the Eildon township. This is the ramp adjacent to the Dam wall at Eildon. This decision is effective immediately and the ramp will remain closed until further notice.
If you would like to speak with a member of Council's Tourism and Events team in relation to visitor servicing or events please contact (03) 5772 0333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Murrindindi Shire’s Visitor Information Centres - located in Alexandra, Eildon, Marysville (MiRa) and Yea (Y Water Discovery Centre) - are temporarily closed in support of measures to contain COVID-19. The safety and wellbeing of our visitors, staff and volunteers is our top priority.
During this period you can contact our Visitor Services team on 5797 3394, or by email at email@example.com.
For information on the many great things to see and do in Murrindindi please visit www.discoverdindi.com.au or follow us on Facebook and Instagram @discoverdindi
The majority of events across Murrindindi Shire have been postponed or cancelled at this time. Here is a list of impacted community and tourism events that we are aware of:
- Eildon Easter Market - 11 April
- Alexandra Easter Fair – 12 April
- Dindi Sustainable Expo – 18 April
- Kinglake Neighbourhood Healing – 19 April
- Anzac Day Services - 25 April
- Murrindindi Winemakers’ Weekend – 2 – 3 May
- Mother's Day Classic - 10 May
- Victorian Truck Drivers Memorial Service - 6 June
- Alexandra Truck, Ute and Rod Show - 7 June
- Advance Care Planning Event (Alexandra District Health)
- The Value of Trees Talk
- Alexandra Secondary College Debutante Ball
- Close the Gap (Alexandra District Health)
- 2040 Film Screenings
- The AFL Outer East football and netball season, including Auskick and Net Set Go
- Kinglake Ranges Arts workshops
- Alexandra Timber Tramway
- Buds and Blossoms (Yea Hospital)
- Alexandra Community Shed and Eildon and District
- Woodworkers Guild
- Alexandra Quilters
- CWA/Foodworks cooking sessions at Alexandra Secondary College have been cancelled until further notice.
- Goulburn Broken CMA events, meetings and functions.
- Murrindindi East U3A
- Festival of Small Halls in Merton
- Yea Community House activities that operate from the Pioneer Reserve
For all other events, please contact the event organiser directly to check whether the event is still going ahead.