Do you have experience in sustainability, energy, or climate change? Are you looking for your next challenge? The Goulburn Murray Climate Alliance (GMCA) is currently recruiting for an Executive Officer to lead the strategic development and growth of the Alliance.
The GMCA was established in 2007 to promote and support regional action on climate change. Members of the Alliance include thirteen local councils from the Goulburn Murray region, including Murrindindi Shire Council, which is the host council for this role. The Alliance also includes representation from key agencies including the Goulburn Broken Catchment Management Authority, Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP – Hume) and the North East Catchment Management Authority.
The GMCA promotes collaboration amongst its members and facilitates a coordinated response to climate change issues in the Goulburn Broken and North East regions.
As the Executive Officer you will be responsible for leading and facilitating the strategic development and growth of the Goulburn Murray Climate Alliance throughout the region. The Executive Officer will be responsible for overseeing delivery of the strategic plan; working collaboratively with Alliance members; representing and advocating for the Alliance with key government stakeholders; supporting the delivery of strategic projects and; developing and securing new funding opportunities.
Strong leadership, time management and facilitation skills are needed to be successful in this important role with a particular focus on:
- Extensive experience and ability to successfully facilitate networks, alliances or other cooperative arrangements to achieve quality results and negotiating conflicting priorities.
- Demonstrated project management experience which incorporates forward planning, continuous improvement and a record of achieving of strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to persuade, convince or negotiate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders in order to achieve prescribed goals or negotiated outcomes.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and behaviours, incorporating verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
For more information about the role, please phone Sharon Terry, Greater Shepparton City Council's Manager Environment on 0409 038 407. Applications should be addressed to Manager Resource Recovery and Environment, Brad Byrne. You can submit your application addressing the Key Selection Criteria and any accompanying attachments:
- online (you will receive an email notification confirming your submission)
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- or post your application to Murrindindi Shire Council, PO Box 138, Alexandra 3714.
Please note that applications that do not address the key selection criteria may not be considered.
Applications close at 5.00 pm on Friday 18 June 2021.