The only functioning saleyard facility in the Murrindindi Shire is located in Yea on Flat Lead Lane off Yea-Whittlesea Rd.
The yards hold 3000 head of weaner cattle or 2500 head of grown cattle and sales are held on a monthly basis with High Country Weaner feature sales held in January and February.
The Yea Saleyards feature the following:
- Full roofed complex
- Soft floor
- Steel yards
- Four ramps for quick unloading and loading
- Water to all pens
- Sprinkler system
- Sealed truck unloading area & access road
- Modern toilet block with shower facilities
- Canteen building with catering facilities
- Scanning facilities for NLIS transfer of ownership
The Yea Saleyards has undergone major development works that has transformed the facility into a premier livestock selling centre in Central Victoria.
Yea selling agents:
- Elders - (03) 5797 2037
- Landmark - (03) 5797 2799
- Rodwells - (03) 5798 2086
- Download a preliminary catalogue by clicking on the link on the sale date in the table below.
- At 8.00 am on the day of the sale, the Catalogue including pen numbers and weights will be available by clicking here.
- Note that not every sale is livestreamed, please check with your local livestock agent prior to the sale.
|Friday 9 July(PDF, 443KB)
|Friday 13 August
|Friday 10 September
|Friday 8 October
|Friday 12 November
Please note: Yea Cattle Sales will be conducted under strict COVID Restrictions applicable at the time of sale.
If you wish to graze stock outside your property, you must have a permit from Council.
We advise that you first contact Council to discuss your needs on (03) 5772 0333.
Landowners who have stock on their property are responsible for keeping them secure through the provision of adequate fencing. Failure to do so may result in large fines. Stock found wandering may be impounded and if not claimed will be sold at market.
If you come across wandering stock, please contact Council on (03) 5772 0333.