Kinglake Community Centre
The Kinglake Community Centre is a real community hub. It is home to many local groups and has a variety rooms available, catering for the community’s varied needs. As a result, it is an adaptable, comfortable space perfect for hosting a broad range of events.
The Kinglake Community Centre sports stadium hosts basketball, netball, badminton competitions and caters for all types of indoor sports. The centre also houses WWI and WWII Honour Boards, adding to its importance within the community.
- All size groups wishing to hold meetings, training sessions or presentations
- Community and family celebrations
- Festivals and fundraising events including art shows, craft and photographic exhibitions, film nights
- Concerts and evenings of music and dance
- Indoor exercise such as basketball, netball and other stadium based activities
- Dance lessons
- Foyer - access to rear and carpeted, measuring 13.5m x 4.5m, featuring RSL WWI & WWII Honour boards
- Hall - measuring 16m x 9.5m with polished timber floor, lighting, heating, projection window, raised timber platform and stage and a change room with kitchenette and a variety of folding tables and stackable chairs
- Kitchen - equipped with crockery and cutlery for up to 70 people, oven, fridge, microwave, dish washer, urn, hot water and servery access to foyer and meeting room
- Meeting room large - home of the Kinglake Senior Citizens Club, this carpeted room has tables and chairs for 40 people, ceiling fans, split system heating and cooling, a large screen TV and various internal and external access doors
- Meeting room small - private space with tables and chairs for 12 people, split system and ceiling fan
- Sports Stadium - full-sized court, with score board, timekeepers area and four basketball hoops. The floor is marked for a variety of sporting opportunities including basketball, netball and badminton. A wheel-chair hoist provides access for all abilities. Amenities include showers and toilets for all abilities and an access hall way to the main foyer
- Outdoor areas - undercover area at the rear for up to 30 people standing, with open-air bench seats and access to the Kinglake Ranges Heritage Trail. The RSL memorial stone, flag pole and seating area provide the perfect venue for commerative services. A semi-fenced playground on the front corner of the grounds provides for the young and young at heart, alternatively you may wish to stroll through the Native Vegetation Regeneration Area, just a short distance from the playground
Entrance to this multi-purpose facility is via the front car park, off Extons Road. The main foyer provides a central hub for the hirer and is large enough to host approximately 30 people standing. It provides access to the various rooms available and direct access through to the rear undercover area and Kinglake Ranges Heritage Trail. The main hall to the left of the foyer, with its polished timber floors and rustic brick walls, is a fabulous space for dances, dance lessons and gentle indoor exercise. A small kitchenette allows patrons to use this space independent of other hirers. Opposite the main hall, the small meeting room, equipped with tables and chairs, is perfect for small groups wishing to meet privately. The kitchen, located between the small and large meeting rooms, is fully equipped to meet all of your catering needs and the servery windows provide easy access to the foyer and large meeting room. Adjacent to the kitchen, the large meeting room, is the currently home to the Kinglake Senior Citizens group. Well laid out and equipped with tables and chairs for up to 40 guests, its an excellent venue for a medium sized gathering. The main stadium is accessed via the foyer, past the toilets and change rooms, or from various external doors. The electronic scoreboard, viewing area and polished timber floor, marked for a variety of sports, provides an excellent venue for local or visiting sporting teams and clubs. The various outdoor areas of the Centre offer ample opportunity for a broad range of recreational activities. Parking is available at both the front and rear of the centre.
- All abilities access to showers, change rooms and toilets, located in the middle of the facility
436 Whittlesea-Kinglake Road, Kinglake 3763 View Map