Yea Shire Hall
In 1877 the Councillors of the then Yea Shire decided to build a town hall incorporating the Council offices. Since its completion, the hall has been a community hub, hosting grand black-tie balls, civic events and public banquets, gala concerts, as well as picture shows. The hall was the venue for the Farewell and Welcome Home dinners and concerts for troops serving in both World Wars. Weddings, debutante balls and many other regular community events still bring a touch of glamour to the hall.
Yea Shire Hall has been renovated twice, with the 2015 work including an extension at the rear of the hall, updating the kitchen, supper room, dressing rooms and toilets.
- Large and medium-sized groups wishing to hold meetings, training sessions or presentations
- Community and family celebrations
- Festivals and fundraising events including art shows, craft and photographic exhibitions, film nights
- Concerts and evenings of music and dance
- Passive indoor exercise
- Dance lessons
- Hall - measuring 17m x 12m with a polished timber floor and overhead lighting
- Stage - trapezium in shape - measuring 5m across at the front, 7m at the rear and with a depth of 5.5m. Stair access, curtains, lighting, projection screen and rear access to the dressing room (6.5m x 3m) with a divider and green room 6.5m x 3.5m
- Sound system, microphone and PA (public address system). Piano also available on request
- Split system heating and cooling and ceiling fans
- Seating - a variety of seating available for up to 170 patrons
- Round trestle tables - 5 x 1.8m diameter, 8 x 1.65m diameter and 7 x 1.5m diameter
- Kitchen – equipped with oven, refrigerator, dish washer, hot water and independent access
- Crockery and cutlery is available for hire for approximately 100 guests
- Servery - from kitchen to supper room
- Supper room - located at the rear of the hall via an 18m internal hallway. Seven round tables and 47 black chairs are available.
Entry for the hall is available from High Street. The grand entrance provides access to the main foyer and through the old-world timber doors, visitors will see the main stage in front of them with a viewing platform behind them. The main hall has external access to it from the side laneway which includes all abilities access. Behind the main stage is a dressing room and green room. Beyond them lies the toilet amenities area, including shower and baby change facilities. The supper room and kitchen can be accessed either via the rear carpark or the main hall entrance. Parking is available in High Street and at the rear of the Hall.
- Hall - 170 seated at tables
- Standing 250
- All abilities access to toilets, shower and baby change rooms, located to the rear of the hall
27A High Street, Yea 3717 View Map