Home and personal care services


Who are these services for?

If you notice you need a bit of extra help to stay active, independent and living at home, then our care services might be right for you.

What can be provided?

We can assist you with:

How do I find out if I can get these services?

If you are over 65 contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 anytime from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 2pm on a Saturday.

If you have a hearing or speech impairment the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 and ask for 1800 200 422.

More information is available on www.myagedcare.gov.au. 

If you are under 65 and living with a disability contact us directly on (03) 5772 0333.

Who pays for these services?

If you are over 65 these services are funded by the Commonwealth Home Support Programme, if under 65 and living with a disability your funding will be through the Victorian Government Department of Health and Human Services.

Either way you will also pay an affordable fee for the services you choose.

Eating well

Social support meals

Freshly cooked meals are available weekly at centres in Alexandra, Eildon, Kinglake and Yea. The meals are served in a social atmosphere, offering an opportunity for older people living in the community to come together.

Delivered meals (Meals on Wheels)

Depending on where you live our volunteers can deliver freshly cooked or frozen meals to you.

If you want to continue cooking yourself

Our staff can assist you with shopping and meal preparation in your own kitchen.

Fresh fruit and vegetables in the Shire

Click here(PDF, 439KB) to find out where you can access fresh, local fruit and vegetables in Murrindindi Shire.

Triangle Food Op Shop

The Triangle Food Op Shop operates just like an Op Shop but with fresh food. Click here(PDF, 25KB) to find out more information including location, operating hours and how you can get involved.

Respite from caring responsibilities 

Providing you with time for yourself, either at home or to go out, can help you manage the demanding role of being a carer for an aged or disabled person.

Respite can be arranged to suit your needs – regularly, occasionally, even overnight.

We have skilled staff who can provide respite for carers of people with dementia.

Other services which offer respite for residents of Murrindindi include:

  • Goulburn Valley Family Care - (03) 5735 4600
  • Villa Maria - (03) 5832 8430
  • Carers respite and information services - 1800 059 059

Social activities

Our groups get together weekly, monthly or quarterly and may include:

  • Craft activities, games and cooking
  • Special interest programs
  • Book groups to discuss our favourite books
  • Walking or gentle exercise groups
  • Outing programs, which include visiting places of interest, lunch and maybe a short walk
  • Movie trips to the historic Swanpool Cinema

Join us to socialise and have fun!

Getting to the places you want to go

If you are eligible for our services transport can be arranged for you to your local medical and other health related appointments (such as dentist, physiotherapist) or to attend social support activities or shop locally.

If you have to travel further afield transport may be available from:

We also suggest you ask your doctor if you are eligible for half price taxi vouchers.

Murrindindi Shire and surrounds mental health and AOD service providers

Click here(PDF, 152KB) to download a list of providers and their contact details.