Community Buses for Hire
If your community group would like to organise transport to your next event, why not enquire about Murrindindi Shire Council’s Community Bus?
Council has two buses available for hire located in Alexandra and Yea, for the community to enable access to essential community services and participate in activities and programs.
Catering for Murrindindi Shire residents, community groups and not-for-profit organisations ranging from sports clubs, church groups, seniors groups and community based health services.
Individual bookings will be considered when supporting people with disabilities to access health services that require a wheelchair hoist. Both Community Buses come equipped with a wheelchair hoist, auto transmission and can transport 10 passengers, including the driver.
Buses will be supplied in a clean, roadworthy condition with a full tank of fuel and is required to be returned the same way.
Community Buses are not available for private hire so as not to disadvantage local transport businesses, for example birthday parties, weddings or trips to the snow.
Click here to view form.
- Council has buses available for hire by the community to enable them to access essential community services and participate in activities and programs. The buses are available for those who face geographic, physical, social or economic disadvantage.
- The buses are not available for private hire so as not to disadvantage local transport businesses.
- The buses come equipped with a wheelchair hoist, auto transmission and can transport 10 passengers, including the driver.
- The driver must hold a current drivers licence and provide evidence of this prior to collection of the bus.
- Buses will be supplied in a clean, roadworthy condition with a full tank of fuel and need to be returned the same way.
- If you are completing an online form, please allow a minimum seven days for confirmation.
If you require any assistance completing this form, please contact Council on (03) 5772 0333 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fees and Charges
All bookings are required to pay a refundable bond of $103.60
Half Day Hire $79.20
Disability Half Day Hire $39.40
Full Day Hire $128.40
Disability Full Day Hire $79.20
Payment can be made over the phone (03) 5772 0333 or in person at our Alexandra, Yea or Kinglake offices.