Governance, Skills and Capacity Building Grants
The Governance, Skills and Capacity Building category supports not-for-profit community groups and organisations, social enterprises and individuals to meet their governance requirements, develop new skills and build their capacity.
Projects or activities that build the applicants capacity to operate and plan for the future, including
- activities that improve knowledge, skills and resources required to operate effectively
- training and education programs
- mentoring programs
- networking opportunities
- best practice resources and guides
- technology and systems
- development of governance strategies and plans
- strategic, business and financial planning activities (e.g. business plans, mentoring, program development, marketing, fundraising, membership)
- policy development (e.g. Working with Children, volunteers, OH&S)
Projects and activities NOT eligible for this grant include
- projects that have already been funded by Council
- capital expenditure that is not for IT/computing related equipment or systems
- marketing, promotion or advertising products
Projects are expected to deliver one or more of the following outcomes
- improved resilience and sustainability of social enterprises, not-for-profit community groups and organisations and Committees of Management
- communities confident to plan, take action, solve problems and lead in the community
- not for profit community groups and organisations are sustainable
- reduced ongoing reliance on Council resources by not-for-profit community groups and organisations
Applications are assessed and awarded three times a year. Applications received by 4.00 pm on the second Wednesday of February, June and October will be assessed and awarded by the end of the following month.
Read the Program Guidelines to check if you are eligible to apply
Murrindindi Shire Council Grants and Contributions Program Guidelines 2021-2022 (Word)(DOCX, 7MB)
Murrindindi Shire Council Grants and Contributions Program Guidelines 2021-2022 (PDF)(PDF, 3MB)
If you have any questions, please call Council on (03) 5772 0333.
The following templates are provided as examples you may use to prepare your application. You are not required to use them.
In Kind Template(XLSX, 13KB)
Agreement to Auspice Template(DOCX, 17KB)