Governance, Skills and Capacity Building Grants
The Governance, Skills and Capacity Building grants support businesses, not-for-profit community groups/organisations and Committees of Management to meet their governance requirements, develop new skills and build their capacity. This includes activities that improve the ability to operate effectively, undertake future planning and support the sustainability of the group, organisation or business.
Applications close at 4pm, on the second Wednesday of every month.
Applications are assessed the following month.
Projects or activities that build the applicants capacity to operate and plan for the future, such as:
- training and education programs
- mentoring programs
- networking opportunities
- best practice resources and guides
- technology and systems
- development of governance strategies and plans
- strategic, business and financial planning activities (EG business plans, program development, marketing, fundraising, membership)
- policy development (EG Working with Children, volunteers, OH&S)
Projects and activities not eligible for this grant include:
- projects that have already been funded by Council
- capital expenditure that is not for computing related equipment or systems
- marketing, promotion or advertising products
- permanent staffing costs or ongoing operational costs
Projects are expected to deliver one or more of the following outcomes:
- communities confident to plan, take action, solve problems and lead in the community
- not for profit community groups and organisations are sustainable
- reduced reliance on Council resources by not-for-profit community groups and organisations
- increased proportion of new businesses trading and viable after 3 years
- improved resilience of businesses, not-for-profit community groups and organisations and Committees of Management
Read the Program Guidelines to check if you are eligible to apply
Murrindindi Shire Council Grants and Contributions Program Guidelines 2020-2021 (Word)(DOCX, 8MB)
Murrindindi Shire Council Grants and Contributions Program Guidelines 2020-2021 (PDF)(PDF, 2MB)
Are you interested in applying for a grant through Council's Grants and Contributions Program? If the answer is yes, you can book into an information session where you will:
- learn more about Council's Grants and Contributions Program
- learn tips and techniques on how to write a competitive grant application
- talk to Council officers about your grant ideas and next steps
Click here for more information or to register.
If you have any questions, please call Council on (03) 5772 0333.
The following templates are provided as examples you may use to prepare your application. You are not required to use them.
In Kind Template(XLSX, 13KB)
Agreement to Auspice Template(DOCX, 17KB)