Health premises regulations
The following businesses are required to be registered with Council under the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008.
- Beauty Therapists
- Ear/Body Piercing
- Body Waxing
The Public Health and Wellbeing Regulations 2009 requires the following conditions to be met by all proprietors:
- The premise must be kept clean.
- Any article used for penetrating the skin must be sterile at the time of use.
- Any article that has penetrated the skin or is contaminated with blood or body fluids/substances must be either disposed of immediately after use or cleaned and sterilised before being used on another person.
- Any other used article must be cleaned before being used on another person.
- Operators must keep themselves and their clothing clean, and have no exposed cuts, abrasions or wounds.
- Proprietors must provide written health information to each client about the health risks associated with skin penetration procedures.
Whether you are purchasing an existing, or establishing a new health premises, there are a number of steps to take.
Arrange a premises inspection by completing an application form below and submitting it to council. It is the responsibility of the business owner to arrange an inspection of a premises to determine whether any works are required.
Approval of plans:
Council offers pre-registration review of premises plans. Contact the Environmental Health Unit on 5772 0333 for further information.
Registering a new health premise or purchasing an existing premise:
To register a new or existing health premise, complete an application form below and submit it to council.