Private Water Supplies (tanks, bores)

If you live outside a township in a rural or semi-rural area, it is likely that the water you drink is obtained from private water tanks or bores. This may also be the case for any accommodation and food businesses in these areas. It is important that water from these supplies is maintained regularly and not contaminated. 

Further information on rainwater tanks is available on the HealthVic website.

Information regarding private groundwater extraction bores is available on the Department of Land Water and Planning Website.

If you have any concerns about private water supplies, please contact Council's Environmental Health Unit on (03) 5772 0333.