Council meetings are generally open to the public and are a good way for the community to see how local decision making takes place and to observe council’s democratic processes.
Council meetings will be closed to the public to discuss confidential matters in accordance with the Local Government Act 1989.
Confidential matters can consist of personal hardship of a ratepayer/resident, industrial and contractual matters, proposed developments, legal advice, matters affecting the security of council property or any other matter which council considers would prejudice council or members of the public.
Council is currently conducting its meetings virtually as authorised under Part 5.3 of the COVID-19 Omnibus (Emergency Measures) Act 2020. The Ordinary Meeting of Council is held via Zoom and is streamed to the Public via Facebook Live.
Council Meeting Dates:
- Wednesday 22 July 2020, Zoom, 6 pm
- Wednesday 5 August 2020, (Special Meeting), Zoom, 6 pm
- Wednesday 26 August 2020, Alexandra - Council Chamber, 6 pm
- Wednesday 23 September 2020, Yea - Council Chamber, 6 pm
- Wednesday 28 October 2020, Alexandra - Council Chamber, 6 pm
- Wednesday 4 November 2020 (Special Meeting), Alexandra - Council Chamber, 6 pm
- Wednesday 25 November 2020, Yea - Council Chamber, 6 pm
- Wednesday 16 December 2020, Alexandra - Council Chamber, 6 pm
Publicly Available Information
Audio recordings of all Council Meetings open to the public will be published on Council’s website.
Click here to go to Council Meeting Agendas and Minutes.