Council meetings are generally open to the public and are a good way for the community to see how local decision making takes place and to observe council’s democratic processes.
Council meetings will be closed to the public to discuss confidential matters in accordance with the Local Government Act 2020 and Governance Rules 2020.
Council’s Governance Rules 2020(PDF, 653KB) outline Council’s Meeting procedures.
Council is currently conducting its meetings virtually as authorised under Part 5.3 of the COVID-19 Omnibus (Emergency Measures) Act 2020. The Scheduled Meeting of Council is held via Zoom and is streamed to the Public via Facebook Live.
Council Meeting Dates:
- Wednesday 16 September 2020, Alexandra - Council Chamber or Zoom, 6 pm
- Wednesday 21 October 2020, Alexandra - Council Chamber or Zoom, 6 pm
- Wednesday 4 November 2020 (Special Meeting), Alexandra - Council Chamber, 6 pm
- Wednesday 25 November 2020, Yea - Council Chamber, 6 pm
- Wednesday 16 December 2020, Alexandra - Council Chamber, 6 pm
Publicly Available Information
Audio recordings of all Council Meetings open to the public will be published on Council’s website.
Click here to go to Council Meeting Agendas and Minutes.