Council meetings are generally open to the public and are a good way for the community to see how local decision making takes place and to observe council’s democratic processes.
Council meetings will be closed to the public to discuss confidential matters in accordance with the Local Government Act 2020 and Governance Rules 2020.
Council’s Governance Rules 2020(PDF, 653KB) outline Council’s Meeting procedures.
Council is currently conducting its meetings in accordance with Part 5.3 of the COVID-19 Omnibus (Emergency Measures) Act 2020, this includes the ability to hold meetings virtually if required. Council Meetings are streamed to the public via Facebook Live and also made available on our website here.
2021 Council Meeting Dates:
- Wednesday 28 July 2021, Virtual via Zoom, 6:00pm
- Wednesday 25 August 2021, Yea - Council Chamber, 6:00pm
- Wednesday 22 September 2021, Alexandra - Council Chamber, 6:00pm
- Wednesday 27 October 2021, Yea - Council Chamber, 6:00pm
- Wednesday 17 November 2021 (Election of Mayor), Alexandra - Council Chamber, 6:00pm
- Wednesday 24 November 2021, Yea - Council Chamber, 6:00pm
- Wednesday 15 December 2021, Alexandra - Council Chamber, 6:00pm
Publicly Available Information
Audio recordings of all Council Meetings open to the public will be published on Council’s website.
Click here to go to Council Meeting Agendas and Minutes.