Council at its 24 August 2022 Council Meeting adopted its Governance Rules.
Giving effect to section 60 of the Local Government Act 2020, the purpose of the Governance Rules is to guide:
- the conduct of Council meetings
- the conduct of meetings of delegated committees
- the form and availability of meeting records
- the election of the Mayor and the Deputy Mayor
- the appointment of an Acting Mayor
- an election period policy
- the procedures for the disclosure of a conflict of interest by a Councillor or a member of a delegated committee
- the procedure for the disclosure of a conflict of interest by a Councillor
- the disclosure of a conflict of interest by a member of Council staff when providing information in respect of a matter
- any other matters prescribed by the regulations
These Governance Rules provide guidance for Council to:
- make decisions on any matter being considered by the Council fairly and on the merits
- institute decision making processes to ensure that any person whose rights will be directly affected by a decision of the Council is entitled to communicate their views and have their interests considered
The Governance Rules(PDF, 2MB) is supported by the Governance Local Law 2, 2020(PDF, 317KB).