Heavy Vehicle Access

Heavy Vehicle Access on Bridges

Many council maintained bridges feature signs displaying their appropriate carrying capacities. Some specify the weight limit in tonnes, and others are per axle group.

It is the responsibility of all drivers to know the axle loads of their vehicle. If you wish to access a bridge with a vehicle carrying over the posted load limit, you will require permission from Council.

Your application should include the following details: 

  • Vehicle specifications
  • Reason for needing access
  • Name and location of bridge

Forward your request by email to customer@murrindindi.vic.gov.au or by mail to:

Manager Community Assets
Murrindindi Shire Council
PO Box 138
Alexandra 3714

Heavy Vehicle Access on Roads

Operators of higher mass limit (HML) or over-dimensional (OD) semi-trailers or B-Doubles who require a permit to access local roads are required to apply to the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator. Application forms are available from their website. 

For more information, please contact Council on 5772 0333.