Documents for Public Inspection
A range of documents and registers are available for public inspection at the Alexandra Council Office in Perkins St, Alexandra.
Documents available for inspection may be viewed and copied, but not removed. Council may charge fees for inspection and copying of some documents.
To arrange to view any of the documents, contact Council on (03) 5772 0333.
Some documents can also be viewed and downloaded online (see below).
These documents and registers are available for public inspection as required by Regulation 12 of the Local Government (General) Regulations 2015.
- The certified voters' roll for a Council election - for the period beginning on the certification date and ending 30 days after election day
- Council adopted Code of Conduct(PDF, 993KB)
- All Local Laws adopted by Council
- Copies of Council’s Council Plan, Strategic Resource Plan, Budget and Annual Report
- Rating Strategy
- Election Campaign Donation Returns summary(PDF, 213KB)
- (PDF, 213KB)Details of overseas or interstate travel (with the exception of interstate travel by land for less than 3 days) undertaken in an official capacity by Councillors or any member of Council staff in the previous 12 months, including the names of the Councillors or members of Council staff and the date, destination, purpose and total cost of the overseas or interstate travel
- Councillor Expenses and Support Policy(PDF, 86KB)
- Agendas for council meetings - except parts of meetings closed to the public under section 89 of the Act
- Minutes of council meetings - except parts of the meetings closed to the public under section 89 of the Act
- A register of delegations kept under sections 87(1) and 98(4) of the Act, including the date on which the last review took place under sections 86(6) and 98(6), respectively, of the Act
- Council Delegations
- Lease Register
- A register of authorised officers appointed under Section 224 of the Local Government Act 1989
- A list of donations and grants made by the council during the financial year
- Council's current Procurement Policy
Summary of Personal Interest Returns
Personal Interests Returns are a new requirement under Division 3 of Part 6 (sections 132-136) of the Local Government Act 2020 (the 2020 Act). They replace all previous requirements under the Local Government Act 1989 (1989 Act). A personal interest return is a record of the private interests of a person in public office that assists in improving probity. It particularly helps ensuring transparency and reducing conflicts of interest.
People who must lodge personal interest returns are councillors, members of delegated committees, the CEO, and nominated officers.
The Local Government Act 2020 (section 135 and 136) and the Regulations require that a summary of information submitted in Personal Interests Returns should be made available to the public. The 2020 Act and the supporting Regulations also state those matters which are required to be excluded from the summary. The Local Government Act 2020 and the Regulations sets out what information that can be accessed or disclosed publicly from information submitted in the Public Interests Returns.
Click on any of the documents below to view a summary of Personal Interests
Biannual Interest Returns Officers(PDF, 92KB)
Biannual Interest Returns - Councillors(PDF, 91KB)
Initial Interest Returns Register - Officers(PDF, 88KB)
Initial Interest Returns - Councillors(PDF, 224KB)