Business Support and Advice
Council is committed to building prosperous and sustainable communities. The growth of your business and its success is paramount and we want to assist you and your business in achieving full potential.
The following list of external organisations may offer some helpful information:
- Business Victoria is a comprehensive State Government resource designed to help you start, run and grow a business. Information from Regional Development Victoria can be accessed here. The primary purpose of RDV is to facilitate economic, infrastructure and community development in provincial Victoria.
- Business.gov.au is a whole-of-government service providing essential information on planning, starting and running your business. The grants and financial assistance summary provides a list of specific grants available.
- Employment and Small Business Victoria helps businesses to plan, start and grow by providing information and assistance, expert business advice and low cost and local skills development training opportunities.
- Workforce Australia offers in - person, tailored recruitment and workforce planning, streamlining finding and hiring the right people.
- Austrade provides services to assist Australian businesses succeed in export and international trade. Their Export Market Development Grants Scheme (EMDGS) can reimburse up to 50% of expenses for promotional activities.
- Victorian Chambers of Commerce and Industry offers a range of products, services and activities to assist business owners to manage their business.
Business Advisory Services
- Small Business Mentoring Service offers a range industry specialist mentors of your choice which can be booked online. Minimal fee applies.
- Business Victoria - Virtual mentor sessions - Business Victoria offers free online business advice sessions to help you start or grow your small business. Available Monday to Friday, the one-on-one sessions with a business expert will provide information on your business idea or how to grow your existing business. Please note that only one session is available for each business per 12-month period.
- Business Victoria - Small Business Bus - The Small Business Bus travels to locations across Victoria providing advice and support for small businesses in regional areas. Business advisors can help you with 1:1 tailored advice to help you start, build, or transform your small business. Confidential sessions are 45 mins, free of charge and bookings are essential.
Financial Information and Support Services
- Your accountant, financial planner, advisor or bookkeeper
- Moneysmart provides accessible financial counselling, tips and contacts to advise you on managing your money.
- Partners in Wellbeing provides free, confidential, one on one support to improve your financial, business and emotional wellbeing.
- Australian Banking Association is an association that provides news, tips and resources regarding your business finances.
- Managing energy use identifies opportunities and resources to reduce your energy costs. (Business.gov.au)
- Align your finances to strategy - demonstrates how you can direct and allocate financial resources towards meeting your strategic goals.
- Prepare a profit and loss budget - steps you through developing or reviewing your budget.
- Cashflow - Manage the inflow and outflow of money through your business so you can manage your expenses effectively.
Restore your Business Community - Practitioner's Handbook
This handbook has been developed to capture lessons learned, tips and resources to guide practitioners in helping their business communities through disaster planning, response and recovery.