On this page you will find useful information and resources to help support business through the COVID-19 pandemic.
COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS AND OBLIGATIONS
The Victorian Government is further easing restrictions, with changes in effect now. For full details, click here.
Guide to COVIDSafe workplaces
- Understand vaccination requirements - Workers in most sectors must be vaccinated to work outside their home, unless an exception applies.
2. Respond to a symptomatic worker or a COVID-19 case in the workplace - If a worker has COVID-19 symptoms, their employer must:
not require them to attend the workplace
direct the worker to get tested as soon as possible
Checklist for COVID cases.
3. Create and review COVIDSafe Plans - This is an important part of the occupational health and safety obligations of every workplace. For more information, visit COVIDSafe Plan.
4. Check face mask requirements - Visit Face masks - when to wear a face mask.
5. Improve Ventilation - Improving ventilation and encouraging air flow from outside can help reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 in the workplace.
6. Display Signage - Signs, posters and templates for your workplace are available in various languages to support COVIDSafe workplaces.
If you prefer to speak with someone, please contact Business Victoria on 13 22 15 or Council on 5772 0333 and ask to speak with someone in our Business Support team.
You can also sign up to Council's Business Update emails here. We're all here to support each other!
COVID Safe Plan
2. Coronavirus information and support for business
Fair Work Australia
Partners in Wellbeing Helpline - 1300 375 330
The Partners in Wellbeing Hotline is here to help small business owners and their employees manage feeling stressed and overwhelmed. The Helpline offers free and confidential one-on-one access to wellbeing and mental health coaches who understand exactly what you're going through. Since much of the stress you are experiencing may involve financial issues, the Helpline can also connect you to specialist financial counsellors. To find out more, click here.
Mental Health Support for Small Business Owners
NewAccess for Small Business Owners is a free and confidential mental health program, developed by Beyond Blue to give small business owners the support they need. Run over six sessions, coaches with a small business background will work with you to overcome difficult issues, providing you with practical skills to manage stress and get you back to feeling like yourself. Find out more here
Business Tips and Tricks to help with stress
There are also business advisory services available to provide business advice and support
Don't forget, you can also contact Council's Business Support Hotline on (03) 5772 0333, or reach out to your local business and tourism association or other business colleagues. We're all here to support each other.
You can also find a comprehensive list of mental health options on Council's Mental Health Support web page.