Become a Library Member
Murrindindi Library Service provides free library membership to any person in Victoria, which gives access to our wide range of books, DVDs, CDs, eBooks, eAudiobooks.
There are two different kinds of membership
Full membership (getting your library card)
To become a full member, you can either
- Visit a Murrindindi Library Service branch to apply and you will receive a card to use straight away to access our whole collection
- OR, apply for a Digital Membership online (and you can start using our eLibrary straight away). To upgrade to a full membership just pop into one of our branches with your photo ID, where you will be issued with your membership card, entitling you to full borrowing rights.
If you are just interested in just a Digital Membership, why not get started today? Registering online now will give you immediate access to eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines and a whole lot more!
Benefits for ALL Library Members:
- You can borrow eBooks and eAudiobooks
- You can download eMagazines
- You can stream or download digital music
- Unlimited streaming of documentaries and Indie films
- Unlimited access to online video tutorials
- Learn languages and technological skills with online tools
- Play educational games
- Use of our library catalogue for quick and efficient item searches
- Use of internet-connected PCs at any library branch
- Use of printing or photocopying services within the branch (for a fee)
- Access free WiFi at all of our branches
- Attend events like an author talk, technology or craft workshop, and lots more
Benefits for FULL Library Members only:
- Borrowing up to 30 items for 3 weeks at a time (4 weeks on the Mobile Library) including: Books, Audiobooks, Magazines, DVDs, CDs, and items in 18 different languages.
- You can renew items online, at a library branch or over the phone. If you forget, our system will automatically renew them on the due date (a maximum of two times).
- There are no late fines accrued on any borrowed items.
- You can request 10 items at a time for collection at your preferred branch (reservations).
Murrindindi Library Service has many different types of memberships available: Full (Adult or Under 18), Digital, Temporary and Organisation. Find out more here.
Fees and Charges
Library members are no longer fined for bringing library items back late. Charges still apply for damaged or lost items.
Here is a list of current fees and charges for the Murrindindi Library Service:
|Lost Library Card
||Cost of the item
|Interlibrary Loan Fees
|Printing and Copying Fees
|Black and White
||$0.30 per A4 page, $0.60 per A3 page
||$1 per A4 page, $2 per A3 page
Conditions of use
Loan Period and Limits
- You may borrow up to 30 items at one time.
- The loan period for all items is 3 weeks and for the Mobile Library the loan period is 4 weeks.
- An item can be renewed twice as long as no-one else has requested it.
You can add or update your email address by registering your card on the Yarra Plenty Regional Library website, going to the My Settings section (located at the top of the screen) and filling in the email address field.
Changing Your Personal Information
If you need to change your name, address, telephone number, or correct your birth information, these key parts of your account profile can only be altered in person at your library. You will be asked to show ID with your request.
If you want to update your email address or change your username or PIN, register your card on the Yarra Plenty Regional Library website and go to the My Account Settings section (located at the top right of the page). You can change all 3 items in account settings.