Mental Health Support
Do you, or someone you know need a little extra support right now? This is a challenging time for many people in our community. We have put together a list of mental health support services that are available.
If your situation is an emergency please contact 000 for support.
- The Victorian Council of Churches is working in partnership with the Victorian Government to offer support services to Victorians. Members of the community are encouraged to contact the COVID-19 Hotline on 1800 020 080 to access this service.
- Beyondblue - call 1300 224 636 for telephone support, information and resources for people dealing with depression or anxiety, or visit their website.
- Mensline Australia - call 1300 78 99 78 for telephone support, information and referrals for men dealing with relationship issues, or visit their website.
- Carers Australia - call 1800 242 636 to find out about short-term counselling and support services for carers and their families in Victoria.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline - Call 1800 200 526 to talk to experienced family violence counsellors, 24 hours a day.
- Relationships Australia - call 1300 364 277 or visit the website for relationship support for individuals and families.
- Direct Line - call 1800 888 236 for confidential alcohol and drug counselling and referrals.
- Kids Help Line - call 1800 55 1800 for free counselling and advice for young people between 5 and 25.
- Youth Beyond Blue- call 1300 22 4636 for free telephone counselling or visit their website for information, resources and support for young people with depression or anxiety.
- Parentline - call 13 22 89 for telephone counselling for Victorian parents and carers of children up to 18 years of age. The service is available from 8.00 am to 12 midnight, 7 days a week.
- Raising Children Network - is an online parenting resource with advice about rearing children of all ages.