There are four outdoor swimming pools in the Murrindindi Shire.
||(03) 5772 1705
||(03) 5774 2174
||(03) 5963 3387
||(03) 5797 2474
The 2017-18 swimming pool season will run from Saturday 18 November 2017 until Monday 12 March 2018.
The pools open when the forecasted daily maximum air temperature is 21 degrees or above. The decision to close is made by the Pool Operations Officers by 5pm the day prior and is determined individually at each pool based on advice from the BOM website. Morning Laps and school/swim club bookings will not be affected by these closures.
During the school term: Monday to Friday 3pm - 6pm
On weekends, public holidays and school holidays: 1pm -6pm (closed Christmas Day)
Season Ticket Prices 2017-18
|Family (2 adults and 1 or more children)
|Family Concession (1 adult and 2 or more children)
| Family Concession (1 adult and 1 child)
Season tickets are available to purchase from the Alexandra and Yea Council offices. Season tickets are not available for purchase at the swimming pools. Previous season ticket holders are encouraged to pay for their cards to be reactivated prior to opening weekend.
Swimming pool season ticket application form(DOCX, 55KB)
Daily Admission Prices 2017-18
|Concession / Child
|Adult Multi Pass (10 visits)
|Adult Concession/Junior Multi Pass (10 visits)
Concession card must be displayed for those paying concession price.
Multi passes can be used at any Murrindindi Shire pool and shared by more than one person.
Applications are now being taken for Wriggly Fish Lessons at the Alexandra Pool to take place during January 2018.
Wriggly Fish Swimming Lessons are designed for children aged from 6 months to starting foundation. Parents need to be in the water with their child until the child is at least 3 years old. Lessons will have up to eight children when an adult is in the water with them and for older children there will be a maximum of five in each class. Note that children who are not toilet trained need to wear swim nappies.
Lessons take place when the pool is not open to the general public, allowing for children to have the best possible experience. Instructors are AUSTSWIM qualified and tailor classes to individual needs and incorporate water familiarisation, safety in water, social interaction and plenty of fun!
This year lessons are being offered in two blocks. You may apply for week 1 (5 lessons), week 2 (5 lessons) or both weeks (10 lessons). The cost is $35 per child, per week.
Forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped in to the Council office in Alexandra. Payment can only be made by dropping in to the Alexandra Council office.
Click here(DOCX, 233KB) to download the Wriggly Fish enrolment form for 2018.
Forms can be emailed to email@example.com, however you will still need to come in to the Alexandra Council Office to pay.
Applications close on 22 December 2017. No applications will be processed after this date.
For further information please contact Council's Aquatic Coordinator Kat Du Guesclin on 5772 0397 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|| Monday, Wednesday, Friday
||6am - 8.30am
||Monday, Wednesday, Friday
||6.30am - 8.30am
||Monday, Wednesday, Friday
||8am - 9.30am
||Monday, Wednesday, Friday
||7.00am - 9.00am
Night pool will occur on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights only. The pool may reopen or remain open on hot nights at the discretion of the Operations Officer. The decision will be made 30 minutes before closing time and will be dependent upon air temperature and patron numbers.
The pools will close on weekdays at 6pm to allow for the handover of responsibilities from Council to private community groups, such as Swim Club.
For more information on the Shire's pools contact the Community Services Department on 5772 0365.
Swimming pools are available for private bookings for events such as birthdays, weddings and social gatherings. Please contact the Community Services Department on 5772 0365 for booking enquiries and costs.
Our swimming pools are there for the enjoyment of all members of our community and our visitors.
Our dedicated lifeguards are there for your safety and we ask that all patrons abide by pool safety rules and follow the directions of pool lifeguards at all times.
- No alcohol, smoking or glass vessels are permitted within swimming pool grounds
- Lifeguards reserve the right to deny an individual access to a swimming pool facility if they appear intoxicated or inebriated
- Lifeguards also reserve the right to check the content of eskies for prohibited items such as glass and alcohol
- Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied and supervised by a responsible person aged 16 or older at all times. A maximum of eight children under 10 may be accompanied by one supervising individual
- Children aged five (5) and under must be within arms reach of a responsible person aged 16 or over at all times. This means that if the child is in the water, they must be accompanied. A maximum of four children aged five or under may be under the care of a supervising individual
- Children that attend the facility with you are your responsibility
- No antisocial behaviour will be tolerated. Lifeguards have the right to remove individuals from the pool and/or the facility if their behaviour is unsatisfactory. Police will be called if individuals/groups physically or verbally threaten other patrons or lifeguards
- Make yourself familiar with water depths at the pools. All facilities differ slightly. Please ask a lifeguard if you are unsure.