Measuring Community Impacts

Flooding - Yea.png

Many areas across our Shire have been impacted by recent flooding, and we had the opportunity to speak with local residents at the Community Flood Meeting in Yea. 

Council is working closely with emergency services to collate information on impacts to local residents, businesses and primary producers, but we need your help! 

If you have experienced damage to your home, business or property, including damage to sheds, fencing, crops and pasture, as a result of the flood event, we strongly encourage you to get in touch with us so we can understand the full extent of the impacts on our community.

Get in touch: 

Call our Customer Service team on (03) 5772 0333.

The information you provide will help us connect people to services, including business and personal advisory services and psychological support, and to advocate for aid from the State Government. The information you provide will not be shared publicly, only with other government agencies that are all bound by privacy legislation for use in recovery. 

Please share this information with family, friends or neighbours impacted by recent flood events. Remember, support is available. Council can assist eligible residents to access an Emergency Relief Payment.

When returning home after a flood, protect yourself and your family from possible injury, illness or disease. Learn more by visiting our Floods and Storms page.

Got a photo or video of the January flooding to share?

Victoria SES, along with Goulburn Broken Catchment Management Authority (GBCMA), is seeking videos and images from the community from the January flooding in Yea, Flowerdale, and surrounds. The information will be used by Victoria SES and the GBCMA to improve flood intelligence and increase our knowledge of flooding in the area, as well as understand the impacts for future flood events.

If you have videos and photos to share, click on the link below.

Share images and photos of the January 2024 Floods